Wait

A long walk I walked
A thousand cries I cried
I was alone
I was lonely
A long life I lived
Waiting for you

I hoped you will come along
And sweep me off the feet
I wished you will magically appear
Soon we will meet
You will dust away the webs
And comb the wrinkled sheets
A thousand times I fell
Waiting for you

Days spent, nights burnt, years wasted
In the eternal wait
I gave up and fell on the face
feeling weak, being lost in the race
And then I knew
The wait will never be over
Because there is no wait
Because there is no one else
But there is me
And I am enough
Enough to fall down and get up
Enough to conquer the world
Without a crutch
Enough to be happy
And spread the love
I am me
I am enough

(C) Juztamom 2013

Writer’s note: This poem is reminiscent of my thoughts when I first started writing poetry years back


Comments