Questions And Answers

Why can’t I fly you ask?
Oh yes you can sweetheart
Just close your eyes
And open your heart
Your mind is your wings
And your words your arch

Why can’t I float you ask?
Oh yes you can sweetheart
Let go of your reserve
And leave any charade
You will glide like a fish
And float like a bard

Can I be you right now you ask?
No hold on sweetheart!
Why not? I can’t wait to start!
You can be whoever you want to be
But you will be you my love
A little of me, a little of us
But a lot of you
And believe me you is enough

But there is still time for that
There is still time to grow up
You can hold my hand for some more time
You can be just mine for some more time
Be a piece of me for some more time
Till you become you


 (C) Juztamom

Shared with NaPoWriMo. The prompt was to write a poem for children. 

Some of the fellow participants:

Comments